Eighth annual Trivia Night at Hampton Library March 20
Thursday, March 5, 2020 | 11:00 PM
Hampton Community Library has a full schedule of activities. For details or to register for any of the programs, call the library at 412-684-1098 or visit hamptoncommunitylibrary.org.
• Chess Tournament sponsored by Pittsburgh Chess Club will be at 10 a.m. March 7. In-person preregistration at the library is required because the application requires a signature by the participant. Space is limited. Competition is divided into two divisions: grades K-4 and 5-8.
• Murder by the Book: A Mystery Book Club, meets March 18 at 6:30 p.m. “Our House” by Louise Candish will be the topic. Books are available at the library. Make new friends, discover new authors, and get a clue.
• Betty’s Book Buzz meets March 19 at 1 p.m. Join Betty as she gives her opinions (good and bad) about “3rd Victim” by Phillip Margolin. Copies of the book are available at the library. Make new friends, meet new books.
• The eighth annual Trivia Night will be March 20. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.; trivia begins at 7. Assemble a team and get ready for a night of laughter and friendly competition. The cost is $20 per person (6-10 people/table). Test your general trivia knowledge. This is an adult program (BYOB). Space is limited. Registration is required.
• News & Views is back from 1 to 3 p.m. Fridays through March 27. Local author and journalist Gerry K. Smith is back to lead this discussion group. Nothing is off limits with this group of diverse and lively adults. This program is free to all. Join in the conversation or just visit. The group meets in the Adult Lounge of the Hampton Community Center.
• Rainbow Letters Stay-n-Play is available on Tuesdays through from 10:30-11:15 a.m. March 31 and from 10:45-11:30 a.m. Wednesdays through April 1. Cut, glue, pinch, tear, and clip your way through the alphabet. All ages welcome. No registration required.
• Parachute Dance Party Tuesdays are available from 11:30 a.m. to noon through March 31 and from 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Wednesdays through April 1. Stretch, shake and sing with fun music and songs, then calm down with yoga, giggles and bubbles. All ages welcome. No registration required.
• Count, Sort and Match Tuesdays will be held from 2:15 to 2:45 p.m. through March 31 and from 9:45 to 10:15 a.m. Wednesdays through April 1. Bop over to the library for a story, then investigate numbers, patterns and fun through guided play. All ages welcome. No registration required.
• Clap Your Hands Storytime is offered from 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. Wednesdays through April 1. Kids will have fun with rhymes, songs and storytelling while enhancing their language development and a love of reading. This program is designed for 3- to 5-year-olds but all ages are welcome. No registration required.
• Inspiration Inc. is held from 11 to 11:30 a.m. Fridays through April 3. Turn on your creativity using a variety of art materials and techniques. This is an adult-child activity; active participation is expected. Space is limited; first come first served. Ages 4- to 6-years-old with an adult. Registration is preferred.
• Fun Food Stories is on from 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Fridays through April 3, Bring your lunch or snack to enjoy during this short storytime. All ages welcome. No registration required.