Hampton Trick-or-treat safety tips
Wednesday, October 30, 2019 | 12:01 AM
Hampton Township will observe treat-or-treating from 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31. Homes wishing to participate are encouraged to leave their porch lights on. Trick-or-treaters are asked to only go to homes with the lights on during the two-hour designated trick-or-treat time.
1. Kids put electronic devices down and keep their head up.
2. Always walk on sidewalks and paths, and stay with a group.
3. Carry something bright or put reflective tape on costumes so motorists can see them better.
4. Non-toxic facepaint is better than masks, which can make it difficult to see well.
5. Wear non-flammable costumes due to the number of real candles on Halloween.