Sleepy Stories, heritage celebration night and more at Hampton Community Library
Monday, November 25, 2019 | 12:01 AM
Hampton Community Library has a full schedule of activities.
For details, call the library at 412-684-1098 or check out the website at hampton communitylibrary.org.
• From 6:30 to 8 p.m. Dec. 13, enjoy One Light, Many Stories — A Heritage Celebration Night! Light is a symbol that shines out through the darkness. HCL is looking for families to share their idea of light in a very special community event. Display, share and celebrate your culture, traditions and family stories. “Shine a Light” by sharing your unique holiday experiences, foods, crafts or stories. Contact Suzanna or Annie at the library 412-684-1098 to learn more about how to share your story.
• Pequenas Historias will be 9:45 to 10:15 a.m. Dec. 3. Educator Beatriz Conte will share stories, songs and games with a Spanish flair. A little bit of bilingual education can be as simple as uno, dos, tres. All ages welcome. No registration required.
• CheckMate! From 3 to 5 p.m. Tuesdays, stop in after school and practice/learn the basics of chess or play against skilled chess players to improve your skills. All grades and skill levels are encouraged to play. Bring a chess set if you have one.
• Move and Groove Dance Party will be offered from 10:30 to 11 a.m. Tuesdays. Stretch, shake and sing, then calm down with yoga, stories and bubbles. All ages welcome. No registration required.
• Rainbow Letters Stay-n-Play from 11:15 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, and from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. Wednesdays. Each week, we will cut, glue, pinch, tear and clip our way through the alphabet. Children will have time to make a craft and free play with toys, games and books. All ages welcome. No registration required.
• Family Maker Hour is from 6 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Calling engineers and artists, tinkerers and inventors: pop by the library and make something. Weekly themes might include zines, cardboard creations, junk jewelry or kinetic sculptures. Stay for sleepy stories. Ages 5 and up. No registration required.
• Sleepy Stories, 7:15 to 7:45 p.m. Wednesday evenings through Nov. 20. Beat the bedtime blues with stories, songs and yoga. Then zoom off to the moon with a parachute dance party. All ages welcome. No registration required.
Hampton Community Library, 3101 McCully Road, Allison Park, PA 15101.